List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] what about antispam?
From:       Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey () BUC ! com>
Date:       2012-07-09 15:50:14

On 7/6/2012 4:42 PM, Lucio Crusca wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I'd like to add antispam features to my courier-mta setup. Historically I've
> been using spamassassin at other sites (postfix), and going further back in
> history, some DSN blacklists with an ancient version of courier (back in 2005
> or so).
>
> Now I wish to use both things, a "false negative"-inclined DSN blacklist
> backed by some spam filter. However I'm not up-to-date with recent DNSBL and
> their features, and I feel like spamassassin is sort of dead (but please
> correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> Could you please give me advice about what there is out there that works well
> with courier?

Spamassassin is not even close to being dead.  They may not have
released a new software version in over a year, but the spam definitions
are being constantly updated (last update 7/7/2012).

There are also a few third-party SA rulesets that can help out quite a
bit.  I use these:

Sought  (http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules)
khop (http://khopesh.com/wiki/Anti-spam)

The only blacklist I trust for blocking is Spamhaus' Zen list.

--
Bowie