List:       courier-users
Subject:    [courier-users] Virtual IP in esmtproutes
From:       Alexei Batyr' <lehel () pcmag ! ru>
Date:       2012-04-26 10:26:50

Sam Varshavchik writes:

> Download: http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php
>
> Changes:
>
> • A minor change to use the authenticated client's identify to enable
> virtual configuration settings, rather than a message's return address. This
> change affects domain-based virtual configuration settings only; no changes
> to the IP-address based virtual configuration settings. This requires
> authenticated IDs to take the form of "user@domain".

Great Sam!

I see one other useful application of this new "virtual SMTP host/IP"
functionality: specifying source IP for particular domains in esmtproutes
file, e.g. some additional parameter like /SOURCE=<IP>. It could help in
situations where main IP of the mail server is blocked at some domain. I
have such a case for hotmail.com and forced to relay mail for this domain
through another server.

--
Alexei.