List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] Any problems with X509v3 Extensions?
From:       "Johnny C. Lam" <jlam-courier () buildlink ! org>
Date:       2008-01-21 21:34:18

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> All:
>
> Does anyone know of any known-problems with couriertcpd / imapd / esmtpd
> encountering problems using server-side certificates with X509 v3
> Extensions?

I've been using SSL certs with v3 extensions with Courier for a while
now.  From my openssl.cnf:

	x509_extensions = server

	[server]
	basicConstraints = CA:FALSE
	nsCertType = server
	nsComment = "OpenSSL Generated Server Certificate"
	subjectKeyIdentifier = hash
	authorityKeyIdentifier = keyid,issuer:always

I haven't had any problems.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny C. Lam