List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] 454 TLS not available.
From:       Jay Lee <jlee () pbu ! edu>
Date:       2006-06-29 17:25:55

Derrick T. Woolworth wrote:
> Anyway, I appreciate the reponse.  This is what I thought and I've
> been telling the customer that the other mail servers are busted,
> however, they're getting e-mail from other servers - just not this
> particular Courier system.
>
> I'm wondering if there's a way to tell Courier to NEVER use STARTTLS,
> even when its advertised?
There is a global setting, however I recommend using Bowie's
instructions for per domain instead, the more encrypted connections
you're making the safer you'll be in the long run...

 From my /etc/courier/courierd config file:

##NAME: ESMTP_USE_STARTTLS:0
#
# The following variables specify whether or not the ESMTP *client* will use
# SSL when talking to a remote ESMTP server that supports SSL.
#
# DEFAULT SETTING from /etc/courier/courierd.dist:
#
#ESMTP_USE_STARTTLS=1
#

ESMTP_USE_STARTTLS=1