List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] courierd not processing newly received mail
From:       Mark Robinson <mark () reoins ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 21:33:42

Hi Serge

On Jun 28, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Sergiy Zhuk wrote:

> hi
>
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Mark Robinson wrote:
>
>> found" message again when courier.sh starts:
>> "Starting/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcourierauth.so.0"
>> not found"
>
> Look for ldconfig_paths in /etc/defauts/rc.conf and add /usr/local/lib
> or whatever place where you've installed that library.
> That will help the "library disappearing after a reboot" problem.
> Alternatively you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your courier startup
> scripts.
>
> --
> rgds,
> serge

Thanks for the super suggestion. I used:
ldconfig -elf -m /usr/local/lib/courier-authlib
ldconfig -elf -m /usr/local/lib/mysql

and that solved the missing file problem.

I then had a maildir quota problem which I fixed and now everything
is peachy.

So, the two components to solving this problem for me were:
1. preventing sendmail from starting up by setting
'sendmail_enable="NONE"' in /etc/rc.conf
and 2. adding the 2 courier library directories to the shared library
path using ldconfig

Thanks for all the help folks!!!