List:       courier-users
Subject:    [courier-users] multiple config files
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2004-09-21 21:58:28

Recently I needed to set different options to courier-imap running on
different IP addresses. As such a thing seems to be impossible to configure
using standard courier startup scripts (or am I wrong?) I modified them
(accoring to patches available at http://grobelny.oswiecenia.net/PLD/). Parts
for files not included in courier distribution are specific to PLD Linux
Distribution (http://pld-linux.org/) scripts. In detail:
-one service has exactly one config file (pop3d and pop3d-ssl don't interfere
with each other)
-it is possible to have more that two configurations (in my case: pop3, pop3s,
pop3s-ipv6 (different certificate))
-pop3d.rc and pop3d-ssl.rc were unified into one pop3d.rc
-list of configuration files is kept in /etc/sysconfig/courier (distro
specific)
-imap is untouched but is on my TODO list (can be done after acepting the idea
for inclusion in future versions of courier)

During tests lasting for at least 2 weeks nothing unpredictable happened. I
would like to know if this is the right approach and if such changes can be
included in future versions of courier. Waiting for your comments,

Tomek