List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] Wildcard DNS + Courier?
From:       Jeff Potter <jpotter-courier () codepuppy ! com>
Date:       2003-11-18 3:37:31

Hi,

I'm working on getting subdomains to work with wildcard dns. I'm still
lost, but have tracked down that Courier doesn't even hit the DB with
the mysql_select_clause, so my earlier thought of a "solution" won't
work with Courier, as I understand it.

Sam, if the line ".foobar.com" is in esmtpacceptmailfor, why does the
mail server accept RCPT TO's in any wildcard subdomain, but then not
bother looking up the subdomain info in authlib? Secondary mx? Is there
any historical reason why allowing wildcards in esmtpacceptmailfor, the
authlib stuff, and aliases (eg, I'd want to define an alias for
postmaster@.foobar.com) shouldn't be allowed?

best regards,
Jeff