List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] Strange behaviour in courier
From:       Gordon Messmer <yinyang () eburg ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 23:47:50

Garcia Martinez, Raul Lorenzo wrote:

> Yesterday we had a strange behaviour in our production courier servers.
> At 15:12 there was a normal "courierd: completed,id=xxx" message. It was
> the last completed during 3 hours.
> After that message, there were a lot of "courieresmtpd:
> started,ip=[::xxx" incoming messages which caused the queue to grow.

I've seen that happen once myself.  I failed to capture any decent
debugging information though.

For some reason, courier thought that a message was in the process of
being delivered by some module, when in reality either there was none,
or that module wasn't responding.

> Indeed we have two balanced servers and both had the same problem, more
> or less at the same time.

I had three balanced servers at the time, but only one of them ever
exhibited this behavior, and only once.