List:       courier-users
Subject:    [courier-users] Login w/ mysql - can I detect the IP address & use in the query?
From:       "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch () webcob ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 21:58:11

I know there have been a lot of changes / enhancements to this code - like
the addition of service and so on...

Has anyone figured out a way to allow "bob" to log on ONLY to "bob's IP".

Would be a nice security feature to prevent bob from using someone else's
server IP - and thereby avoid the bandwidth fees...

We do virtual hosting, so with a single server, there might be a few hundred
domains hosted - each with it's own user accounts - our accounting counts
data use by IP though, so it would be nice to be able to write an auth query
which includes the address or hostname connected to so I could make sure it
matches the the proper one.

Just one of those loose ends I'd like to tie up.

Cheers.

and thanks.

m/