List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] Help with the FAQ.
From:       BlueRibbon <blueribbon () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2003-10-30 22:34:35

I'm a little newbie around here but here goes nothing:

Q:
"Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch (user) Error: Input/output
error Check for proper operation and configuration of the File Access
Monitor daemon (famd)." appeared on my logs, what does it mean? How can
I solve it?
A:
If that message appears then courier was compiled with File Alteration
Monitor (FAM) and you haven't currently FAM running on your system. If
you have FAM installed you can add it to a runlevel and start it. If you
don't have FAM see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/ for more information.
You can also see "man 8 imapd" for more information.

P.S.: Sam, sorry for replying to you instead of the mailing list