List:       coreutils
Subject:    Re: Wishing rmdir had a prompt
From:       Bernhard Voelker <mail () bernhard-voelker ! de>
Date:       2019-09-11 21:27:00

On 9/11/19 10:29 AM, Lady Aleena wrote:
> I thank everyone who got involved with my little wish. I did not mean
> for it to explode like this. I am entirely comfortable letting the whole
> idea drop since there appears to be little to no support for it. I was
> just an idle wish that crossed my mind that I wanted to share.
>
> Again, thank you for reading it and taking the time to respond.

I don't think this discussion "exploded".  Instead, I think asking
for such little wishes like you did is how free software works:
one has an idea, other share their thoughts about it.  And some of such ideas
are considered valuable or some even cool - and easy and overall worthwhile
to add - and therefore make it as a new feature into new versions of the
software.  In other cases like this, the discussion leads to a consent
that existing functionality or alternatives are deemed good enough.

So in this sense: thanks for asking. ;-)

Have a nice day,
Berny