List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    [CGUYS] Links to One (free) and One (heavily discounted) software deals
From:       Darrell Anon <subbucket.01 () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2010-01-30 1:49:51

Following are links to special offers on "Pro" versions of two softwares.

The first is for EASEUS Partition Master Professional 4.1.1 --
available for free download until February 1. ("regular" price seems
to be somewhere between $30 - $40) The blurb says:

"EASEUS Partition Master Professional is comprehensive hard disk
partition management tool and system partition optimization software;
it can let you enjoy all the powerful basic and advanced partition
functions for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 32/64 bit users.
Overview
Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit compatible.
Extend system partition to maximize computer performance.
Resize/move/delete/format/create partition and lots of useful features.
Backup all data or copy entire hard disk to another without Windows
reinstallation.
Operate directly on the disk map with the drag-and-drop and preview the changes.
Create bootable CD/DVD in case of system boot failure."

I've never personally used this or any other partition management
stuff, so I am just passing this on for informational purposes.

The second special offer is for WinPatrol PLUS version from BillP
Studios. Today (January 29, from 12 AM to 12 midnight EST) you can
upgrade from the WinPatrol Free version to the more fully-featured
WinPatrol PLUS version for only 99 cents. ("regular'" price is $30) If
you already have the Free version installed, you just authorize
payment for the 99 cent upgrade and get taken to a page to get an
activation code which you can use to immediately activate an upgrade
to the PLUS version. If you are not yet using WinPatrol Free, I think
you will need to download the Free version and then do the same
upgrade activation procedure.

I've used the free version of WinPatrol for several years on several
computers and never had any issues with it. In my experience WinPatrol
Free is not really obtrusive during my admittedly lightweight computer
use patterns and it at least serves to give me a gentle heads-up
"alert" when some program or app wants permisiion to access or
possibly alter my system in some way or other. Savvy-er users may not
need this product or may / may not see ways in which can be used more
"usefully". Either way, for those of you who might consider it to be a
worthwhile addition to your "toolbox', 99 cents for a lifetime upgrade
to WinPatrol PLUS may be a pretty fair bargain. I leave it, of course,
to your judgement.

Here are links to get you started, if you are interested:

EASEUS Partition Master Professional 4.1.1

http://www.partition-tool.com/giveaways/epmpro/

WinPatrol PLUS

http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2010/01/great-99-cent-software-experiment-of.html

or

http://snipurl.com/u85a5

I have downloaded and installed / activated both of these to my XP SP3
machine with no apparent problems, glitches or hitches.

Perhaps some of you who have expereince with either of these products
could share your opinions or experiences with those of us who are less
knowledgeable concerning their respective pros, cons, cautions or
comparative quality with similar products.

(I have no commercial or other involvement at all with either of these.....)