List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: [CGUYS] Flaky PC - BSD's
From:       Wayne Dernoncourt <wayned () PANIX ! COM>
Date:       2008-10-27 23:43:02

Mike Sloane
> I rescued a Gateway ATXSTF "Performance 1400" machine from the
> dumpster at the town's clean-up day Saturday. The owner said
> that he thought "something was wrong with the motherboard".
> It had a Staples repair sticker and another sticker on the back
> announcing that it was "refurbished" - I suppose those two
> stickers should have been enough to let it go into the dumpster.
> :-)

Yup, memory would be an easy/fairly cheap thing to test.  If that
doesn't pan out, try SpinRite.  Then again, if you don't already
have it, you should ask yourself whether it's worth the $80 the
s/w costs.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly