List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: [CGUYS] new comcast install
From:       gerald <gerald () SLAWECKI ! COM>
Date:       2008-10-27 13:11:18

you want their coax everywhere.

i was surprised when FIOS came in and said that the cable in the house was the same \
as their cable, and did not recable the house.  i presume they would have recabled if \
i requested.

FIOS dug a new trench from about 2-300 feet west to someplace to the far east to \
install my new FIOS.  a lot of it was hand dug.  the comcast box and cable was on the \
far side of the street.  fios came down the public right of way section of my yard \
and put in new cable.  the cable was double(2 cables) and bright orange.

when i had 768 at the factory and 3mb at home, i could seldom tell the difference.  \
only in downloading a long file from a really good server.