List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: How do I compress MPG files
From:       Paula Minor <raven880 () COMCAST ! NET>
Date:       2007-04-26 16:51:44

Michael Lewis said"
> I'll let Paula tell more about the process as well as provide the
> link to
> the movie she worked on. :)

Thanks to Michael and Apples discussion groups, I was able to find
the problem with the sound on my video file.  My camera is not a real
digital video camera....it was a Sony H5 photo camera so iMovie was
unable to recognize the sound.  The free MPEG-Streamclip software did
the trick and was very easy to use...especially with Michael's step-
by-step web page.  The quality after compression was decent.
The video clip is of a band called Cadillac Angels out of CA.  They
are usually labeled as rockabilly but I call it just good old-
fashioned Rock and Roll ala Buddy Holly.  Yeah, I know.  I'm dating
myself. <g>  But they're excellent muscians and put on a very
entertaining and foot-stomping performance with the lead guitarist,
Tony Balbinot, actually going outside the bar to perform on the
street for passers-by.
I'm not affiliated with the band in any way....just think their
fabulous entertainment. My husband and I came across them by accident
when visiting Jerome, Arizona. They perform frequently at the Spirit
Room bar, a popular gathering place for the Harley Davidson crowd on
weekends.  Here's the link to one of the videos.  I"m putting a
couple more up later today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3_CL8K8tc

Thanks everyone for all your help.
Paula
IN/USA
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!" Have a wonderful day!

* Need more help? Send mail to: ComputerGuys-L-Request@listserv.aol.com