List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    File permissions wfg
From:       "jaiamma () gmail ! com" <jaiamma () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2006-09-22 14:16:02

Hi All,

Situation. 1 desktop and 2 laptops at home running Win XP Home SP2
over wifi. Underneath Documents & Settings on the desktop, the Admin
folder and all its subfolders are marked private.

Goal. I want to have one of the subfolders under Admin on the desktop
available to one of the laptops but not to the other laptop.

Can this be done using XP Home? Or does it require XP Pro? I can boot
XP Home on the desktop using Safe Mode to look at and modify the
subfolder permissions. Would that do it? If that is the approach to
take, how do I get the laptop or the laptop user to appear on the list
of users on the desktop folder permissions list?

This is new territory for me, so the more details one can provide, the better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

* New email? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
* Need more help? Send mail to: ComputerGuys-L-Request@listserv.aol.com