List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: u-yep.com
From:       Michael Lewis <michael () OFFBALANCE ! COM>
Date:       2005-08-31 22:57:56

Tony B sez:

>My forum has recently gotten a ton of registration requests from bots(?)
>at u-yep.com. Names like mike421@u-yep, allie324@u-yep.com, etc. Email
>registration confirmations bounce, which is what made me notice.
>
>Nothing in Google. Has anyone heard of bot forum attacks from these guys?

Don't know about attacks, but perform a WhoIs search on the domain name
at <http://manage.logicboxes.com/whois>. You'll find contact addresses
that may assist in locating who and why and maybe lead to an avenue for
doing something about it (either through the owner of the domain or
through their provider). Basically it leads to a kodag.com and all the
contacts look phony to me. In fact, googling on the names I found in the
Whois led me to this article about spam:

Netomedia Are Blog Spammers
<http://www.benzo8.org/content/view/138/>

I'd figure out their providers abuse email addresses and send thoughtful,
but firm, letters with attached proof that these domains hit you. The
spammers will move on to another place, if they haven't already, but one
more avenue will be shut down for them. (It appears they're shuffling the
kodag.com domain around...)

Good luck! I've helped shut down pharmacy scam sites in the past, but it
takes time tracking the providers and asking for action to be taken...

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions