List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: 802.11b and g
From:       "Rev. Stewart Marshall" <revsamarshall () EARTHLINK ! NET>
Date:       2005-08-22 19:19:48

SMC does not have a removable antenna as far as I know.

How far do you have the AP placed from the router?

Is it possible to get a longer network cable to move the AP closer to
center for all these computers?

My system is located in one end of my house and most of the computers are
located at the other end of the house.

I ended up running a long cat5 cable (along the edge of the floor) to an AP
and placing it closer to the center of the house.  This gets everyone at
one end of the house a useable signal, plus it keeps a good signal in my
bedroom(workroom) so I can use my laptop when I need to.

Also the wireless adapters for the computers all have USB cables on them so
we can move them and place them to get the best signal.  As you can tell I
do not have USB dongle adapters.

Just a suggestion.

Stewart

At 02:05 PM 8/22/2005, you wrote:
>Thank you Mikes...
>
>I have a Netgear NP114 Router, A SMC 2655W Wireless Access Point and in
>the other end an USB Adapter Netgear.
>I am wondering what can I do, preserving these things to make sure that
>the fourth computer in the network will get
>a good signal. It is far away, about three rooms (walls are brick) away.
>
>It seems to me that the SMC 2655 doesn't have a removable antenna.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Marcio

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:revsamarshall@earthlink.net