List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: OCR software
From:       Robert <rlcarroll4 () NETSCAPE ! NET>
Date:       2004-04-29 13:52:49

I'm using ABBYY Finereader, which came bundled with my scanner.  It is
more accurate than any previous OCR that I have used.  Also,  it handles
multiple columns and graphic images very well, as it keeps these in the
right place and order.  Headers and footers are separated from the rest
of the text, although not located truly at the head or foot of the
page.  I usually, however, have to strip numerous line returns if
scanning from a different page size as that of the wordprocessor page.

It exports to WordPerfect, as well as MS Word, Word Pro, and Excel.