List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: Outlook 2000 WMS Idle
From:       Andy Gallant <ABGallant () AOL ! COM>
Date:       2004-04-28 23:40:30

Maybe this will help.  I had somewhat related problems within Win XP Pro and
tried everything but to no avail.  There were two things that finally seemed
to make a difference.  No good explanations but here's what finally worked.

1.  Completely reinstalled the Network Adapter driver:  uninstalled the
driver for the Network Adapter, in my case a Wireless LAN Mini PCI Driver; then
uninstalled the device itself; then powered off and unplugged; then restarted.
Everything else had been replaced/reinstalled, and that was the last place to
try.
2.  During some registry cleanup, some deletes didn't work until I changed
the permissions.  Otherwise, some edits didn't take.

I had to resort to all this because MS Backup doesn't.  After I recovered I
bought and started using PowerQuest Drive Image 7.0 (now owned by Symantec) in
addition to Backup and System Restore.

Good luck!

-Andy

In a message dated 4/28/2004 7:09:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jmon@YAHOO.COM