List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: Chronic Cable Modem disconnects with Comcast
From:       Art Clemons <artclemons () AOL ! COM>
Date:       2003-07-31 15:12:53

> The slow flashing indicates that your modem is trying to establish a
> connection. If it gets an answer the flashing gets much faster. Then when
> connected the light goes solid. If it is stuck at slow blink it means
> that they are not answering on their end.

The RCA modems are a bit different, it depends on which light is
flashing, besides, when it is syncing, at least two lights flash (the
right two if I remember correctly).  If the left-most light flashes, the
modem has to be reset or the power removed.  The off switch also doesn't
turn the modem off, but rather just removes the connection to either the
NIC or USB port.  Like I said, different!