List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: Problems playing DVD's
From:       Michael Drabick <m.drabick () HDHCCI ! COM>
Date:       2002-12-30 16:25:21

I would concur with Mr Miller in that the video card is the bottle neck.  I have
Dell laptops 8200 series and they are 6 months apart and it is like night and
day when graphics are concerned.  One has a 32 bit card and the newer one has a
64 bit card.  You may find settings in windows that assist the graphics card by
using your RAM but I am not sure about how to tweak the settings for optimal DVD
playback. Another thought, his DVD read spead may be faster.

Mike