List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: video to dvd recommendation
From:       Bobbie Davis <bobbiedavis () SOFTHOME ! NET>
Date:       2002-12-28 0:16:14

On 26 Dec 2002, at 13:08, Joe Parker wrote:
> Can we get a few more clues...

Sorry for the limited information in my first post - I am a little new to
this (both the list and the computer stuff) and needed to ask
someone else about the specifics.  Here is what I have to work with:

I have a Canon ZR50MC Camcorder, the Media is mini DV digital cassette.

Interfaces are IEEE 1394 in/out, LANC terminal, S-video in/out,
Analog video in/out(yellow, red, white RCA) Computer - Dell
Dimension 8100 1.5/Ghz 256MB Win-ME USB 48xCD, 12x/8x/32x
CD-RW Shopping list: DVD-RW,Firewire card & cable, Hollywood
DV-Bridge

I was planning on using my new Dell x200 laptop for doing
this video work, but the optical drive turned out to be a
DVD/CD-RW instead of a DVD-RW. So instead, I will equip my
Desktop machine with firewire & replace the CD-RW with a DVD
writer of some kind.  I am also interested in the Hollywood
DV-Bridge device to help convert vcr tapes to DV or DVD.

Your suggestions are most welcome on all or any software/hardware
involved.

As a refresher my original question was:

I just received a digital video recorder for Xmas and look forward to
making my own videos.  I have a firewire interface on my video
recorder and my computer.  Could someone recommend a good
software program to transfer from video to DVD?

Thanks again for any help!
BD