List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: Forwarding of email
From:       Jim Krist <jtkrist () JTKRIST ! COM>
Date:       2002-03-31 19:37:04

I'm accessing the Internet through comcast.net.  My experience is that I
can use the server smtp.comcast.net, and have had no trouble after the
wrinkles following the transition from @home were ironed out.

I can't explain why that doesn't work for you.

The ISP that hosts my domain, jtkrist.com, won't let me access their smtp
server, for security reasons, because I don't have a fixed IP
address.  However, while connected through comcast.net, I can access the
pop server on my ISP, to which most of my email is addressed.

At 12:09 AM 3/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>You can't send, because they don't give you access to the SMTP server. You
>have to use your own, or use the first class software, which  you
>downloaded. I think you can dial in using that software, or use the
>"already connected" version, if you have a TCP/IP connection using another
>ISP, and just want to connect to capaccess.org.

Peace,

Jim