List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: T.P. and the show-> streaming MP3, WMP,Real
From:       b_s-wilk <altf4 () MAC ! COM>
Date:       2002-03-29 20:15:20

> Streaming media is preferable to MP3 because a listener
> can listen in semi-real time, while with downloadable MP3's
> you have to download it and then play it back.  There's an
> issue of copyright, and the safer route to maintain copyright
> is not to give away an entire show in a file format that someone
> else can distribute (such as MP3).  Streaming MP3 is another
> story, since it's streaming and doesn't deposit itself as a single,
> permanent file on someone's computer.

Lots of us have slow internet connections through old phone lines.  There's no
other choice where I live. Any streaming media on any app is pretty awful--slow,
disjointed. It may take a while to download the MP3, but at least it would sound
OK after the download is done. It would be easiest if downloads were ftp links
or something I could download with LimeWire. Otherwise we'll just have to
continue listening for 2 hours to a one hour "streaming" trickle.

MP3s trickle faster and clearer than others.

Betty