List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: IE 6.0?
From:       Ralph Sierra <ralph.sierra () EROLS ! COM>
Date:       2001-12-28 22:10:18

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paula Minor" <raven880@HOME.COM>

I'm still using the old Internet Explorer 5.0.  Is there any good reason to
fix what ain't broke?<g>  Is the newest version stable?  I'm using Win98
(not SE).  And what about the newest version of Netscape communicator?  The
last one wouldn't work for me.
I used IE 5.5 for a long time (had no problems with it) and upgraded to IE
6.0 a few weeks ago.  The stability has been the same for both versions.
What prompted me to upgrade was, I was getting ready to download some
security patches for 5.5 and noticed that the patches were already
incorporated into 6.0.  (There has since been a security patch that applied
to both versions.)

[I am using Win98SE.]

Ralph Sierra