List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: G3/OS 10.1 keeps restarting ?
From:       John H Davis <jhdavis () BELLATLANTIC ! NET>
Date:       2001-12-27 17:57:06

Daniel Stiefel wrote:

> OS 10.1 keeps self rebooting.  Sometimes a few seconds after startup,
> sometimes pretty quickly after we try to do anything. So much so, that we
> can't really use the machine for any purpose.  Booted into 9.21 and had the
> same problem.  Even does it if we boot to the 9.21 CD-ROM which makes me
> think it may be a hardware issue?

I agree that it it is probably hardware but a quick test would be to try
booting from a CD.

Not even sure if OSx has an extension control panel but if it did I'd start it
up with extensions OFF to see if that stops the rebooting.    Then try to
isolate the ext. thats causing the problem.

I do know that incompatable extensions will cause the immediate reboot
problem.   Most notably the Screen Posters init with OS 9 and some Performas..

John