List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Windows Taskbar
From:       Jay Montero <jmon () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2001-10-29 13:37:37

I have somehow managed to mess up the taskbar at the bottom of my Windows 98
screen.  I am talking about the space between the "Start" button on the left
and the systray (I think that's what it's called) on the right.  What I now
have is a black space in place of where I normally see my open apps.
Additionally, when I click on "Start" nothing happens.  It seems to try to
open but it doesn't.  This started right after I reinstalled my sound card
software.  I remember getting one of those "A file is being replaced by an
older version, do you wish to continue?" pop-ups.  And I accidentally did
let it overwrite the file and I'll be darned if I can remember what file it
was.  I have tried restoring and older registry and reinstalling windows
over itself - but still no taskbar or operable "Start" button.

Any ideas out there...?

=====
In the words of Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

http://personals.yahoo.com