List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: Quick Launch Bar Moved
From:       Joe Parker <jp1 () SPEAKEASY ! ORG>
Date:       2001-06-23 12:20:08

As you probably already know, in theory it's just a matter of dragging them
back. But they don't always line up the way you want until after a
reboot/logoff. Ask any 9 year old kid how it's done. :)

I've also had to resort to closing one or the other toolbar with a
right-click, rearranging, then reopening.

I am unaware of a 'fix' in the sense that you can prevent them from being
moved at all. Even in newer versions of windows like Win2k & WinXP each
person has their own desktop and can arrange it any way they want.

Which may actually be your fix. Set up Family Login and a separate login
for each kid. Then they have the total freedom to screw with their own
desktop all they want. And your daughter can have AIM run at login but you
don't have to.

At 06:44 AM 6/23/2001, you wrote:
>My kids have recently begun to use my system. My 9 year old son plays online
>games at Nickelodeon
>and my daughter has been using AOL IM. I am running Win 98 SE.
>
>Recently I came home to find my quick launch bar appears on the far right of
>the task bar and open programs appear to the left of the quick launch bar. I
>would like the quick launch bar to return to is position on the left next to
>the Start button, but have not been able to figure out the fix.

* New email? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
* Need more help? Send mail to: ComputerGuys-L-Request@listserv.aol.com