List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: E-mail with extra characters
From:       John DeCarlo <jdecarlo () MITRE ! ORG>
Date:       2001-01-29 13:43:23

Michael,

It means the sender has set up their email program to encode special characters.
"Quoted printable" MIME encoding is what it is called in Netscape email.  "=20"
is a space.

I don't know of anything you can do as a receiver.

If you know the sender, you can suggest he or she turn off that encoding, as it
tends to cause problems, especially with messages sent to mailing lists that put
them in digests or just forward them on.

--
John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:  jdecarlo@mitre.org

* New email? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
* Need more help? Send mail to: ComputerGuys-L-Request@listserv.aol.com