List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: e series counter changes in latest comedi
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2007-09-20 23:55:30

> There is a gpct_simple_counting.c demo in comedilib.

I finally got it after much hacking.  The trick was setting the clock
source, which I found after looking in the comments at the top of the
gpct_simple_counting.c file.  In my case, I wanted it to be the PFI8
pin corresponding to the SOURCE input of the timer.  That
necessitated a value of 0x20 + 8 (41) for INSN_CONFIG_SET_CLOCK_SRC.

I write this for my own reference later in case I forget why I did
this, and in case anyone else is chasing e-series counter stuff with
the latest comedi.

Caleb