List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: Possible to perform asynchronous output in kernel space?
From:       "Andreas Leuner" <al14 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2006-12-18 12:08:45

> Hello,
>

> I am trying to set up a periodic loop in kernel-space,

> Now my problem:
> 1.) functions supporting asynchronous write are missing in kcomedilib.

AFAIK that's correct. Although there is an implementation of
comedi_mark_buffer_written(...) in kcomedilib, there are no symbols
exported for it -- and thus it's not usable from the outside.
I _think_ you won't need anything else in addition to that.

@comedi devs: Any chance to export such a symbol?
Would it just mean to add

EXPORT_SYMBOL(comedi_mark_buffer_written);

to comedi/kcomedilib/ksyms.c ?

Then it shouldn't be too hard to do it yourself.

Good luck,
   Andreas Leuner