List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: Startup Scripts
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2006-10-23 10:38:36

> Here's what I'm typing in my terminal window each time use Comedi
> after
> restarting my computer (which is pretty often - I have to unplug
> and cover it
> every night because the roof leaks in my building):

Hi Heather,

First, I would install the comedi_config and comedi_calibrate
routines into /usr/local/bin (I think make install does this,
possibly into /usr/local/sbin instead...).  After that, the only
thing you need to do on startup is:

modprobe ni_pcimio
/usr/local/bin/comedi_config /dev/comedi0 ni_pcimio
/usr/local/bin/comedi_calibrate

(one or more of those may need to be sbin, based on where you or
"make install" puts them)

And you can easily tuck that into a startup script (sorry, I don't
use Redhat so I can't be specific here, but I think it's as simple as
creating a new script in /etc/rc#.d where # is the runlevel you
bootup in (probably 2 or 5).

You don't really need anything to "stop".  Most 2.6.x kernels today
turn off module unloading, so there's really nothing to "stop" when
you want to turn off comedi.

Hope that helps.