List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: comedi_calibrate requires boost?
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2006-09-30 16:46:26

> Are there any particular problems with the dependency on Boost?  It
> depends on other libraries too, such as GSL (though the configure
> script does not currently test for GSL).

Well, I can't say if it's really a problem, more of a small
annoyance.  We are using comedi in a large scale setting (across many
machines doing data acquisition) and we're constantly adding new
ones.  I try to keep the installed software to a minimum if I can
since maintaining the machines is not the easiest of tasks.  Boost is
a pretty big dependency, so I was hoping to find it was optional or
some way to work around it.  I may just use the comedi_calibrate from
existing installations if not.

I haven't followed what the new comedi_calibrate routines do, but is
it possible to not use the soft_calibrate program?  We are using NI
PCI-6023s mostly.

Caleb