List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: comedi_calibrate requires boost?
From:       Ian Abbott <abbotti () mev ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-09-29 9:20:07

On 28/09/2006 19:54, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> I haven't updated in a while, but I'm installing on a new machine and it
> seems that comedi_calibrate has been moved to its own package and now
> requires boost?  Is this true?  Is there anyway to build it without the
> boost dependency?

The comedi_soft_calibrate code uses Boost.  It should be reasonably
straightforward to add a configure option to disable building
comedi_soft_calibrate and so remove the dependency on Boost.  Let's see
what Frank thinks.  OTOH, extracting Boost from comedi_soft_calibrate
would require a bit of a rewrite!

Are there any particular problems with the dependency on Boost?  It
depends on other libraries too, such as GSL (though the configure script
does not currently test for GSL).

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti@mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-