List:       comedi
Subject:    pci-1202 can somebody help me?
From:       hildebrand victor <hildebrand_us () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-09-20 5:12:52

Hello group
    I am a new member on this mailing group. I was
introduced to comedi through the package on my debian
cd. I think its a great project. I need some help from
you in regard to my work.
    I have recently bought some pci-1202 analog to
digital cards from icp-das. Their driver is available
on site http://www.icpdas.com/download/linux.htm but
it refuses to compile on my Debian 3.1 system (both
with 2.4.27-2-686 and 2.6.8-2-686). They claim it will
work for 2.4.x only? Can somebody help me in this
regard. Also it would be nice if somebody could make
comedi drivers for the card. icpdas's drivers anyway
are GPLed. I am not strong in drivers but will
contribute in anyway possible.
   also as per your documentation the comedi drivers
should work for pci-6208A card(DAC card from adlink).
I removed the initial comments in the adl_pci6208.c
file for pci6208V and report that it works for
pci6208V also for all the channels. What i want to
know is how the driver can be made to support DIO
also? The dio code is commented but i didn't touch it.
How much is it correct?
Awaiting an early reply.
Hildebrand Victor