List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: MesaLib/efltk installation
From:       "Harold D. Skank" <skank54 () mchsi ! com>
Date:       2006-09-06 17:25:21

Roberto,

Regarding the MesaLib/efltk installation, the RTAI-Lab Tutorial, Section
2.2, "Mesa library" says something about needing development packages
"such as xlibs-dev,...,x11proto-xext-dev,...".  I couldn't/can't find
any such packages on my system, but since the installation seemed to
compile OK, I assumed that either these packages weren't needed, or that
the compiler found them somewhere that I couldn't locate.

Likewise, Section 2.3, "EFLTK library" indicates needing packages
gettext and flex.  These files _do_ exist on my machine.

So, what about the packages needed by Mesa?  Where do I find them, what
versions are acceptable, and just which programs specifically are
needed?

	Harold Skank