List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: comedi_config causes system reboot, opteron problem?
From:       "Andreas Leuner" <al14 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2005-08-06 15:52:49

>>I'll try to test a NI DAQCard 6024E PCMCIA card I am working with on a
>>Athlon64 laptop soon and provide the results of this then.
> Thank you so much for the offer to try out the NI card on an Athlon64,
> that's amazing that you have a similar NI card and an Athlon64 and would
be  > willing to see if you can get them working together. I'd be very
interested
> to hear how that goes; if it works, and I can get comedi working on my old
> Athlon (which should hopefully mean that I know what I'm doing with the
> install), then I'd hazard a guess that the problem is with the PCI-X
bus. If
> not, then surely it's the processor's architecture.

On Friday, I tried to get the NI PCMCIA card working on the Athlon64.
Misfortunately it wasn't even detected properly by the machine's PCMCIA
service and comedi drivers weren't loaded automatically. I had to learn
that this is not uncommon for that card and those notebooks I tried. Only
one notebook out of three worked until now - and that one had a pentium
IV.

Manually inserting modules and using comedi_config hasn't worked.

So I can't give an answer if the problem is with the processor or the bus
architecture ATM. But as soon as I come across an athlon64 pc or a
athlon64 notebook comes across me I'll give it another try.

Andreas Leuner