List:       comedi
Subject:    [rtai] Re: RTAI working with Comedi, and example code
From:       David Schleef <ds () schleef ! org>
Date:       2002-06-12 18:24:12

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 02:50:50PM +0200, Maarten Egmond wrote:
> The documentation claims the comedi_data_write() will return 0
> on success, and -1 on failure. However, I consistently got it to
> return +1 which I considered to be an error (I believe - not 100%
> sure - the analog output also did not show the expected signal,
> which would confirm this).

Glad to see that _someone_ is reading the man pages.  The doc is
wrong, it is supposed to return 1 on sucess (indicating that 1
sample was written).

> My other question is this: I saw in the documentation that
> commands (which my card/driver apparently does not support - as
> shown by the 'info' program) can be emulated by using RTAI. Since
> I use RTAI myself for a real-time task, I wonder if the comedi-
> command-emulation will interfere with this task, or that I have
> to be careful with certain things to make sure I don't stuff it up...

There's a good chance that there will be problems, because RTAI
isn't very well suited for multiple processes that aren't
specifically cooperating.

dave...