List:       comedi
Subject:    RE: Problem compiling comedi with RH7.2
From:       "Caleb Tennis" <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2002-03-14 19:00:52

> > For Redhat it's necessary that you add those links by hand
> (just the first
> > two anyway).  This should alleviate the problem.
>
> This is wrong.  The files in /usr/include/linux are generated by
> glibc.  They are similar (and derived from) kernel headers, and
> contain subtle, but significant differences.  If your distribution
> does this, it's time to think about a new distro.

Unfortunately, at least for 7.0, comedi doesn't compile unless you do this.
/usr/include/linux exists on my distribution, but the files in it aren't
correct.  My "thought" was because 7.0 shipped with a different kernel
version than kernel headers, and so I just downloaded a new kernel, made
these links, and it alleviated the problem.  However, RH's problems go much
deeper than just this.

I won't buy any more RH disks ever again.  It's much easier just to keep
updating what I've got incrementally.

By the way, I'm curious if anyone out there besides me is using the
patch-scxi stuff for NI's SCXI modules?  I've updated it to work with the
latest comedi version, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet and make
sure it works.

Caleb