List:       comedi
Subject:    RE: Redhat Linux 7.0 and NI PCI-Eseries DAQ Board
From:       "Caleb Tennis" <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 14:44:41

> Hello, Everyone:
>
> I am currently working on a project which needs to use Redhat Linux 7.0
> (kernel-2.2.16) and National Instrument PCI-Eseries DAQ Board. Since I am
> not a linux neither a driver expert, I am wondering whether anyone has
> successful experience using these two combinations. Any thoughts will be
> appreciated and thank you in advance.

I am using the PCI-6023 with RH Linux 7.0, upgraded to kernel 2.2.19.  You
will need the kernel sources and header files.  I've had major headaches
with this because RH7.0 ships with kernel source 2.2.16-22 and kernel
headers 2.4.something.  The best thing you can do in this situation that
i've found is just completely upgrade your kernel.

Also, check the mailing list archive for problems with fs.h.  RH uses
modified kernel source headers, and you'll have to make a small modification
in order to make it work.

My application is also using SCXI modules with the e series board.  I've had
great success using Brad Keryan's patch with comedi 0.7.59 and comedilib
0.7.15.