List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: continuous aquisition using standard linux
From:       "yahoo" <schousek () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-10-19 13:51:51

    What kind of data rates are we talking here? That seems to be the most
important question. If you are trying to monitor exact points on the 50
hertz cycle, then you probably need to go to the dma level. If, however, you
only need to monitor every cycle or ten then you could use a card that can
automatically trigger an A/D conversion based off an internal counter then
cause an interrupt on successful conversion. 20 milliseconds shouldn't
create too much hardship on a modern computer (gut feel) and 200
milliseconds will obviously be even better. I know that this ability in
cards is not really rocket science, but can't point you towards an exact one
nor say whether your nt atmio is capable. Of course I work for an
electronics company that does design consulting so I could always be
convinced to find out and even develop the software :-)

brian