List:       collectd
Subject:    [collectd] write_kafka and tags
From:       Robert Cross <bluebobx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-08-10 15:05:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've got collectd writing into Kafka with the write_kafka interface, but
I'd like to add some context information to the datastreams.

I've seen that the write_tsdb plugin allows user defined tags to be added,
which is pretty much what I need. Is there any work going into adding that
(useful) feature to the other write plugins, and especially the Kafka one?

I've taken a quick look myself, (dusting off the old K&R), but it looks
like being a fairly major rewrite to put tags into just that module.
Obviously I don't want to go hacking the code if someone better is already
doing it.

Thanks, Bob Cross.