List:       collectd
Subject:    [collectd] modbus and write_redis how to contribue
From:       Benninger Frédéric <frederic.benninger () lausanne ! ch>
Date:       2012-07-05 18:13:33

Hello,

I'm new to the mailing list, I join the project collectd to achieve a small scada \
system. Mainly based on plug-ins "modbus" and "write_redis" version 5.1.0 .

I use an ordered list to store the measurements of my sensors. For rendering I used \
webdis (JSON REST architecture) and html5 highchart.

I am currently adapting the module "write_redis" for;
Archived in the database only when these measures vary.
It changes the character \ par: in the name of the keys (as / is hardly compatible \
with a REST architecture)

Side "modbus" I think I still have problems with modbus DINT, ie Int32 and Uint32

Has anyone ever looked at the following problem, which would require a substantive \
change in both the plugin in the XML configuration file. My problem is to allow \
playback of multiple contiguous registers into a single frame. For example eight \
16-bit registers from the starting address to read at once the values ​​of my A/D \
converters

In the same logic, it would also be interesting to add the STRING data type in order \
to read messages from the PLC.

How to collaborate? on the wiki or ML?

Salutations
  F.Benninger              |//