List:       colinux-users
Subject:    [coLinux-users] fsck of root fs fails
From:       gerhard.oettl () ogersoft ! at
Date:       2009-11-25 11:01:35

Hello

New to coLinux

New installation
Host: windows 2000 service pack 4
coLinux: 0.7.5
selected distro (from installation dialog): arch linux
because it is the smallest one.
extracted the 7z file
selcted root file system: ArchLinux-2007.08-2-ext3-256m.fs
(renamed to "root_fs")

On windows:
Start -> Run -> cmd
cd to coLinux installation
copy example.conf to LA.conf
adjust the path from c:\coLinux to c:\Programme\coLinux
type: colinux-daemon.exe @LA.conf
boot looks nice
mount of /dev/hda1 -> / looks like working
but fsck failes with:
FILESYSTEM CHECK FAILED (Possibly not existent or swap device?)

going to maintenance console works

cat /etc/issue
tells me that I work on "Arch Linux (Core Dump)"

mount shows:
/dev/hda1 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime)

fsck ends up with:
fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/hda1
Possibly not existent or swap device?

continuing with CTRL-D does a reboot ending up with the same failure

Do I something wrong or is the provided arch-linux fs realy corrupt?

thanks
gerhard