List:       colinux-users
Subject:    Re: [coLinux-users] Is there a way to set the tile of the console?
From:       Henry Nestler <henry.ne () arcor ! de>
Date:       2009-04-22 22:13:05

Hello Frank,

Frank Church wrote:
> On 20/04/2009, Henry Nestler<henry.ne@arcor.de>  wrote:
>> ColdShine wrote:
>>
>>> Henry Nestler wrote:
>>   >>  Frank Church wrote:
>>   >>>  Is there a way to set the title of the console in the colinux.conf
>>   >>>  file i the command options.
>>   >>  no, you can't. The title line will be update from console depends on the
>>   >>  current state (attached or detached).
>>   >
>>   >  I'd like that to be implemented, too. I think it could be set using a
>>   >  special sequence for PS1, like you do in Xterm. I think
>>   >  colinux-console already has a parser for the escape sequences, right?
>>

>> coLinux use the kernel "struct consw" in same way all other video
>>   drivers used it (frame less graphic cards). There is no option for
>>   title, as I known. Xterm uses other ways and more subfunctions.
>>
>>   To add a title to coLinux console, needs to change directly in the user
>>   land console programs on host side.
>>

>>   --
>>   Henry N.
>>

>>> To add a title to coLinux console, needs to change directly in the user
>>> land console programs on host side.
>
> Could that be done from the command line or with a Windows utility?

No. coLinux console is changed the title line after starting the
colinux-console-nt.exe or colinux-console-fltk.exe.

You can set the titly by windows and disable the console spawning and
than run colinux console from explorer or from other command prompt.
Than you would have a title line, but only for the colinux-daemon, not
for the console.

  C:\> title "your text"
  C:\> colinux-daemon -d ...
  open second prompt