List:       colinux-devel
Subject:    Re: [coLinux-devel] monotone access
From:       Henry Nestler <Henry.Ne () Arcor ! de>
Date:       2006-11-10 14:30:38

David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
> Henry Nestler wrote:
>> David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
>>>     I have been following the wikki monotone instructions and can not
>>> seem to pull a copy of the current colinux source.
>>>        Monotone for windows seems to download a fraction of the
>>> "history" the wikki suguests, and then can not seem to find any of
>>> the tags or branches
>>>     when I try to access them.
>>
>> What version of monotone you have tryed?
>    Version 0.30 was the default stable version for windows on the
> monotone web site.
>

>>>     I also tried monotone under debian - but though the debian
>>> packages load there seems to be no monotone executable.
>>
>> The binary (not a installer package) should run on all glibc 2.3
>> ditributions.  I run it under RH, Debian and SuSE
>> http://venge.net/monotone/downloads/mtn-0.30-linux-x86.bz2
>    Debain has a package that is apt-get able. but it does not seem to
> include executables.
>    I will try the venge.net site.
>
>    I would rather do as much as possible on the Linux side anyway.
>

>> Have you use \* or '*' to get _all_ revisions?
>    Yup, but it pulled very, very little. I seem to recall having tried
> monotone with the colinux web site a long time ago, and having pulled
> lots of history.
>    This time it only took seconds.

The server runs with monotone 0.29.  Linux clients 0.29 and 0.30 works
with '*' or \* or without any branch name on the pull command.

The windows clined has a stupid command line expansion.  If you use '*',
that it sends the ''*'' to server, if you use *, thant ist send your
files from CWD as branches.

This is the workearrount for windows windows client:
   mtn --db=colinux.db pull monotone.colinux.org "*"

Or you must give all branches to the command line:
   mtn --db=colinux.db pull monotone.colinux.org stable
org.colinux.stable org.colinux.devel

--
Henry Nestler