List:       colinux-devel
Subject:    Re: [coLinux-devel] Windows Firewall
From:       chris () topologilinux ! com
Date:       2004-04-28 17:22:41

Robert is right it was discussed before. You could probably use aliases on
the coLinux eth0 side and a combination of tap and bridged networking on
the windows side. Look back a month or two for more info. It does consume
a whole lot of resources for a software firewall.

Keep your last computer out of a landfill just add another NIC
the linksys routers run a linux kernel and I heard of an open source
replacement os for them. So a good solution for a linux person would be to
get one and reflash it. That would give total ipTables control.

All software firewalls and expecilly any developed with the current
coLinux tools (unless coLinux could have complete hardware control over
the physical NIC) are vunerable to layer 2 attacks or other non IP layer 3
attacks. netbui rouge hyperSCSI driver etc...

chris