List:       cobbler-devel
Subject:    [cobbler-devel] Integrating Cobbler with Eucalyptus
From:       Kyo Lee <kyo.lee () eucalyptus ! com>
Date:       2013-01-30 22:14:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Cobbler Developers,

At Eucalyptus, for running the development and test environment for
engineers, we have been using a custom-built self-provisioning system, via
PXEBOOT, to provision the machines around in our datacenter.

However, recently we have picked up Cobbler to handle the bare metal
provision tasks of the internal dev/test system. Then, came up with the
idea that we should integrate Cobbler into Eucalyptus to handle the bare
metal provisioning-related operations, thus giving a birth to "Metaleuca."

Metaleuca is a bare-metal provision management system that interacts with
open-source software Cobbler via EC2-like CLIs.

For those who are interested in more details of Metaleuca, feel free to
check out the blog below:

http://kyolee.com/2013/01/30/introducing-metaleuca/

The code of Metaleuca can be seen at:

https://github.com/eucalyptus/metaleuca

Metaleuca is still at its experimental/prototype stage, but your comments
and suggestions will be extremely valuable in setting the right direction
on this integration approach.

Thank you all!

Kyo

---