List:       cobbler-devel
Subject:    Debian follow-up -- still need info about development
From:       Michael DeHaan <michael.dehaan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-24 22:04:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Got some info from the Ubuntu team a few weeks ago.

Per-them, all packaging is done in the upstream Debian package, and didn't get much \
help beyond that.

In order to make this really easy to test on as a development platform, I think we \
need

(A) some better Wiki docs about how to do development on that platform, where to \
check out the packaging for people who are unfamiliar with Debian's workflows, etc

(B) things like the Makefile get patched for that OS to make it easy for someone to \
go from a git checkout to working on it as a development environment.  make install \
needs to work on Debian.

For folks that do have things working, I'm still curious about how you set up your \
development testing environment.   Canonical is not really helping me in this regard, \
seem to be busy.   Truth to be told, I just want some good docs on how someone using \
Debian can work on the project for the Wiki.

If anyone would like to help, that would be great.

--Michael